If Javascript is disabled browser, to place orders please visit the page where I sell my photos, powered by Fotomoto.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lines.

I've given myself a mission, and my lenses are helping me. I've been struggling to provide more context and environment in my photos, and it just so happens that the autofocus on my 50mm f/1.4 decided to quit working. I have an 85mm and a 28mm, so I'll make do for now. It's made shooting a little more challenging, but I think I needed it.

In this situation I was called by the Missourian to do a quick spot feature on some scaffolding that was being built for the Citizen Jane Film Festival.

It was just around 1 pm, and the light was terrible (hence the black and white), plus there was not much space to move around. Here are a few shots that I liked. I've been working on working situations from different distances and angles, and being limited to a wide angle has forced me to compose differently.

Citizen Jane FIlm Festival

20101015_CitizenJane_TG__0016

Citizen Jane FIlm Festival

Citizen Jane FIlm Festival

2 comments:

Laura said...

You're doing great with your self-challenge. The first and the last are particularly great.

Tina said...

Taylor, I think you're succeeding in your goals. You contextualized the subject very well.